Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Movie Time

Recently a movie came on one of the Movie Channels that I never got to see when it was released. It is 'The Scarlet Letter'. I read the book when I was in high school, but had never seen the theatrical version. I settled down with a snack and a drink to watch it. Well, I knew to expect a few hot and steamy scenes. In fact - I will give this movie a 3 fan warning! (snicker snicker) I did not expect to see some wonderful riding scenes though...While Demi Moore rode aside in this movie, they seem to show a saddle that looks more astride until the very end of the movie where there is one short scene where a horse is being lead. That horse is wearing a more modern sidesaddle.... strange! But I really enjoyed the movie. It is very passionate.Sadly - I could not find one still shot with the actors riding.


I love it when one of the readers run across something and send it to me!! Hayley has sent me a couple of different things and this was one of her finds. A movie called 'The Brotherhood of the Wolf' has not only some wonderful costuming..

..but some stunning sidesaddle habits..

..and even quite a bit of sidesaddle riding footage!

I have not had time to look for this movie, so I cannot recommend it ..

..but it is on my want to see list! Thanks Hayley!

3 comments:

Anita said...

I've got Brotherhood of the Wolf and the costuming is devine BUT she doesn't ride sidesaddle. The girl in the red habit rides astride all the time, it kind of annoyed me...

Julie said...

How sad Anita... but was the movie good?

Anita said...

I enjoyed it, but it is a bit "different". Kind of hard to pigeon hole it - not really a horror or suspense or historical but a mix of all three...
I will have to go rewatch it now. There is a brief scene near the end where the other female character rides and I want to see if she is aside or not! lol